Most interesting takeaway statistics:
- The 10% decline was 1,400,000 subscribers, meaning there are an estimated 12.6 million subscribers.
- The LA Times lost over 200,000 subscriptions over the last four years, accounting for 20% of their circulation.
- The San Francisco Chronicle lost 140,000 subscriptions over the last four years, accounting for almost 30% of their circulation.
- Boston Globe: -20%
- New York Times: -7%.
- USA Today: +2%
- New York Post: +2.3%
- Part of the change based on the introduction of the National Do Not Call List.
- There are approximately 303 million people in the United States, according to the US Census Bureau.