Saturday, May 07, 2005

An attempt at making Marshmallows



Well, I decided that on my down-time day I was going to ride my spiffy new bicycle and make marshmallows. I decided on marshmallows because I found a recipe for it online posted on a wonderful blog called Cooking for Engineers. It intruiged me that they had a recipe for marshmallows, and I convinced my wife that it would be fun to make. As the picture shows, fun-to-make also means, really sticky. We haven't eaten it yet because it's hardening, which it should do overnight. It should be ready to eat tomorrow morning, in time for Mother's Day.

Can you spot the marshmallow in my beard? Can you spot the marshmallow all over my t-shirt? Fingers? Oh, man, it just kept getting messier and messier. Nice way to waste a morning.

Today was actually a busy cooking day for me: For breakfast, we had fruit salad (yummy yummy!) with sesame seeds sprinkled in, a tomato and onion fritatta with too much butter and cheese, and some homemade salsa (tomato, onion, red pepper, cilantro, a little salt, pepper and Cholula.) Then I went shopping for cookbooks. No, really. Later in the day was the marshmallow experiment and then I made some plain old chocolate-chip and walnut cookies, but there was extra cocoa added in, making it extra good.

What a very very good day.

No comments: